Special thanks to the lovely Agnes Wright for nominating me for this award! Here goes nothing… 🙂
If you could go anywhere in the world – where and why?
Sorrento, Italy- I studied abroad in Italy for 5 weeks last year, and it just wasn’t enough. While I would also love to to other countries in Europe, the first place I’d go is back to Italy. I couldn’t get enough of the culture, the food, and the wine- it was the best experience and most magical place I’ve ever been, so I’m dying to go back!
Why did you start blogging?
I had been think a lot about that feeling you get when you do something incredible- when you love life a little more, you feel like a better person after, it makes you smile and want to run around and tell everyone you know about how great it was? This is my outlet to do that 🙂
What is your most prized possession?
My most prized possession is a bracelet that I wear every day. It’s green and says “Smell the sea, feel the sky,” and is attached to a memory of a dear friend who was taken from this earth way too soon. We all have them, her close family and friends, and we wear them in her honor. When I don’t have it on, I feel lost, and when I do, I feel like she’s watching over me.
Do you have a favorite quote? Share it and why.
This is a long one- bear with me:
“Oh my god, what if you wake up one day, and you’re 65, or 75, and you never got your memoir or novel written; or you didn’t go swimming in warm pools and oceans all those years because your thighs were jiggly and you had a nice, big comfortable tummy; or you were just so strung out on perfectionism and people-pleasing that you forgot to have a big, juicy, creative life, of imagination and radical silliness and staring off into space like when you were a kid? It’s going to break your heart. Don’t let this happen.”
I adore this quote because it’s how I need to live my life. I have a tendency of getting caught up in other people, or staying inside my comfortable little box, but then I read this and I remember what I really want out of this life.
What cheers you up, even on the worst days?
The beach- feeling the sand between my toes and hearing the waves crash. It’s my ultimate therapy, the most peaceful I could ever be.
Who is your dream dinner party guest?
Meredith Grey- my all time favorite TV character.
If you could be any character from a book or movie, who would it be and why?
Hermione Granger. She’s a badass- and perfect in every way. Smart, gorgeous, loyal, fearless. There’s no doubt that I’d want to be here if I could.
What is your favorite restaurant or food?
Gusta Pizza in Florence, Italy. Pizza is without a doubt my favorite food, and this was by far the best I’ve ever had. I’m counting the days until I can go back again!
Where do you get inspiration from for blog posts?
I try to blog about anything that makes me feel alive- so usually, it’s the things that I really love that make me want to write. A good story, movie, music, places, etc. If it gives me that butterflies-in-my-stomach, happy dance around your room type of feeling, then I’m putting it on the blog, because maybe it can give someone else those feels too :).
Do you collect anything?
No! I always have intentions of starting a collection, but my lazy and forgetfulness usually gets in my way.
What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas! It’s filled with all of the best things: family, happiness, and cookies.
And finally…. list 11 random facts about yourself.
- I’m a Jersey girl with the belief that salt water really will solve all of your problems in life.
- I have a pug & he is the best part of coming home from college.
- I hope to be a speech pathologist in the future 🙂
- Ireland is the next place on my list to travel.
- I’m the oldest of 3 girls, and I would do anything for my sisters, they’re my best friends.
- Harry Potter is the book series that got me into reading.
- My current Netflix binge is Parenthood & it is a feelings overload, in the best way.
- I love love love coffee.
- I hope to someday publish a novel
- My current favorite song is High Class- Eric Paslay.
- In 2 months I’m graduating college and I am terrified of having to function in the real people world.
This was so easy/ fun,here are the instructions:
- Tiffani- Pages and Lace
- Miss Miral
Your questions, should you choose to accept:
1. What is your current favorite song?
2. Who is your role model, and why?
3. What are 3 things you’re most likely to carry in your bag?
4. Favorite dessert?
5. Best place you’ve ever been to & why?
6. Whats your favorite movie ?
7. Your best memory from the past year?
8. Where do you go when you want to be inspired ?
9. If you could do anything, absolutely anything, what would it be?
10. Where is your happy place?
11. Last book you read?
Enjoy!! Hope you had as much fun with this as I did, xo